Reading and writing wise, 2021 was a good year for me. I read a lot, wrote a lot, and got lots of short stories published—so wins all around!
My overarching goal for 2022 is returning.
Not a return to normal, because there is no such thing, but a return to self, joy, and freedom. This means returning to a place of joy in my blog and on instagram, focusing on what makes me happy as opposed to what might get more likes, and also getting to a place of physical health. It also means returning to action—and actually stepping up and doing better. Not just donating funds or forwarding messages, but boosting, participating and joining.
Here’s what I’d like to do in 2022.
As with 2021 (and 2020), my goal is a lowballed 120. It’s an easy win for me, and there’s a reason I keep it like that.
In 2021, I had a goal of having 70% of my books be diverse, and I didn’t quite get there, but I read a ton of books by people of color, the LGBTQ+ community and neurodivergent folks, so I consider it a win. For 2022, I want to continue to read diversely and read more backlist titles, although I’m not going to set a hard number for myself.
I’m debating on whether or not to maintain my reading spreadsheet, which was a lot but it gave me a really pretty overview?
I think my overall goal for reading this year to is to have fun. Take it easy, no pressure.
Well, let’s see what happens here, right? Aside from That Slow Awakening, everything is a working title. Depending on what my work schedule looks like, I might have to step back some of these goals, although Book 3 is my priority.
- That Slow Awakening. Return updates to my editor and get this sucker published in 2022. There’s a long story here, and I sincerely apologize to anyone who has been kept waiting!
- Satura Book 3. Outlined, first draft complete, my edits complete by the end of the year.
- Kaedre. Finish the first draft, at long last
- Lesbian Cinderella. Finish first draft and edit. Same as last year
- Malfi Sirno. Finish first draft and edit
- Write nine new short stories
- Blood Tests
- Try to get six short stories published
These are all major stretch goals, as what I have outlined above is a lot of writing for me!
- Princess. Edit draft. Needs more research.
- Evie Book 2??