I was nominated for The Liebster Award by Virginia @ The Sassy Library Fox way back in um, April, and I haven’t posted my reply because I am literally three raccoons stuffed into a trench coat trying to pass as human. Sorry, Virginia. I did not forget you!
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
Are you a coffee, tea or cocoa person?
Early bird or really grumpy in the morning?
I’m an early bird who is very grumpy in the morning, particularly before coffee. Over the past couple months though, I’ve been sleeping in way past my normal wake-up time (from 5:45 to 6:45), which I think is because of stress and burnout.
What is the book genre you read the most? And why?
Errr, I’d like to think SFF? Although I’ve read a lot of contemporary romance this year because they are emotional roller coasters that ultimately finish with a happy ending and the idea that even though shit happened and the characters are doing stuff, everything is going to be okay. Because I’ve been needing that reassurance, recently.
I love SFF because I love escaping into other worlds and seeing how brilliant the human mind is.
The best book/movie related dream you ever had?
I have no idea! I dream a lot of my own characters, though, or people who aren’t me set in science fiction worlds (the most recent was one that was kinda Star Warsy in that it had lots of metal and was in space and had light sabrey swords, but that was where the similarities ended).
Who is your favourite Disney princess or prince and why?
Mulan, animated not live action. I loved that she tried to do what was right, always. Even though she failed and failed often, she kept trying and worked harder than everyone else to prove she belonged, even if where she belonged was outside of a tradition role. It’s a story about transformation and it’s really the ultimate glow-up.
My favorite prince is Prince Phillip from Sleeping Beauty…okay, I have dreams (nonsexy) ones about him fighting to escape from the dungeon and the monsters, so I guess that answers the previous question?
What’s your favourite dish?
Pepperoni and pineapple pizza. I feel that the pineapple on pizza debate is the ultimate just fucking let people like things level of triviality.
A book (series) that’s totally unknown but you love it with all your heart?
I mean…totally unknown? Ehhhh…probably the Stariel quartet by AJ Lancaster. It’s an indie and recently published (the fourth book should release sometime next year) and I love it. Likewise with The City Series by Sarah Lyons Fleming.
A not-so-unknown-but-definitely-less-mainstream favorite is the Vorkosigan series by Lois McMaster Bujold. I think I’m going to make a point to mention this series in every single one of my blog posts until you either all get annoyed of me or pick up the damn books and join the cult—whoops totally not a cult.
Do you have siblings?
Yes. I am either the oldest or second youngest, depending on which family I’m talking about. Thanks to multiple marriages with both of my parents, my siblings come in the form of a Venn diagram because some circles overlap and some do not. My wife is delighted by my family’s complexity (not). I generally say I’m the oldest of four to keep it simple, but those are only the kids on my mom’s side of the marriages.
Do you or did you ever play a musical instrument? Which kind of musical instrument is/was it?
I had two or three years of piano training when I was little. I was an indifferent student. Don’t get me started on the mandatory recorder training in fifth grade.
Which kind of book character is the most like you?
I’m the sad tertiary best friend who wallows the entire time and annoys her friend group with how depressing she is. Is she doing it for attention? Who cares, we’re going to just kinda let her come out of her funk on her own, and that turns into we just kinda moved on without her.
Your favourite quote!
Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.Lois McMaster Bujold, A Civil Campaign
5 RANDOM FACTS
- I’ve been published! And I have another book on the way!
- My natural state is procrastination and despair.
- Once upon a time I spent seven years in the Marine Corps. I’d like to say that’s where my default setting became dry sarcasm.
- I was on the rowing team in high school. It was there, not the Marines, that I learned to swear with such fucking proficiency. The Marine Corps just added some polish to my profanity.
- I actually am not three raccoons in a trench coat. A fourth one slipped in there about twenty minutes ago. This is bad news, since you can only be a prime number of raccoons.
MY 11 QUESTIONS
- What is your favorite carbonated drink?
- How has the pandemic affected your coping skills?
- Do you have a library card? And do you use it?
- What are the top five books you’ve read so far in 2020?
- What are the five books you cannot stop recommending to people?
- Do you write? If so, what’s your current work in progress?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever Googled? Was it for yourself or someone else?
- What is your favorite fall (or spring) activity?
- What is your most paranormal experience?
- Besides reading/blogging, what are your hobbies?
- Which Chris is the best Chris?
- Abigail @ Abigail’s Tales
- Erin @ rin’s reads
- acqua @ Acquadimore Books
- J @ The Midnight Book Blog
- Joanna @ The Geekish Brunette
- erin @ Reading on a Star
- Siren @ Sweaters and Raindrops
- Siena @ Booksophobia
- Mayeesha @ Head Over Books
- The Brown Eyed Bookworm
- Karen @ Twisted in Pages
No pressure if you don’t feel like joining in and no worries if it takes you five months to do it 🙂